Thursday, January 10, 2008

More Manufacturers than you can shake a stick at

So I spent my day creating a list of all the Furniture Manufacturers I have ever contacted. WOW - I really have never looked at the industry this way.

I only speak to modern and contemporary furniture manufacturers so there are a great many that I never look at, and that simply makes this all the more amazing.

Hundreds and hundreds of high end, specialized, fabulously skilled, marvelously prolific manufacturers in Europe alone. Further more I have to assume that my personal knowledge of this landscape merely describes the tip of the ice burg. There must be many more whom I have either managed to miss at the shows or who do not have a trade show presence; companies that go to their smaller local shows but not to the large expensive international ones.

No comments: